As LDS we are not obliged to view the scriptures as the inerrant and completely perfect word of God. We believe the scriptures are inspired, and are authoritative, but we understand that the information sent from heaven was filtered through the imperfect minds and hearts of the men who wrote it down. In my view this does not diminish God, but in reality exalts Him because He is compassionate and patient and willing to involve man, with all his imperfections, in the work of God.
Here is a short list of “contradictions” found in the bible that I have taken from this website: http://lightandtruth.silverstormimaging.com/
* Does God dwell in light or darkness? Compare 1 Tim. 6:16 with 1 Kings 8:12; Psalm 8:12; 18:11; 97:2.
* Is wisdom beneficial? Compare Ecc. 1:17-18 with Prov.3:15, 17; 8:11.
* Is righteousness good or filthy? Compare Isa. 64:6 with 1 John 3:7-8).
* Were there 28 or 43 generations between David and Christ? Compare Matt. 1:6-17 with Luke 3:23-31.
* Should we love or hate our kin? Compare Eph.5:25, 28-29; 6:2; 1 John 3:14-15 with Luke 14:26.
* Was Christ supposed to bring peace or the sword? Compare Matt.26:52; John 14:27 with Matt.10:34; Luke 22:36.
* Are there true Christians who do not sin? Compare Matt. 5:48; 1 John 3:6, 8-10; 5:18; with Rom.3:10; 1 John 1:8.
* Is it possible to live beyond the influence of Satan? Compare 2 Cor.12:7 with 1 John 3:18.
* Should saints eat with sinners? Compare Matt. 9:10-11 with 1 Cor. 5:11-13.
* Can God be tempted? Compare Heb.4:15 with James 1:13.